Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Star (Pupil) is Born

Just like that..after more than a year of fighting, Sabrina is starting Kindergarten on Wednesday. She will be attending a very good Private School for the second half of the year, and in the fall, she will be attending first grade. And there is NOTHING that the district can do to stop her.

Sabrina - because she is Sabrina - is DELIGHTED. We are talking actual squeals of happiness. Her massive joy is derived mainly from the fact that she gets to wear "an outfit" for school...I know of no other child who would be so enthused by a dress code which insists she wear a plaid jumper every.single.day. I'm not surprised though. This was also the compelling reason to sign up for soccer last year.

I am happy-sad. I know that this is the best thing in the world for her. I know that she will do tremendously. I also know that I will miss spending my days with her so badly that it hurts.

Guess there is nothing left to do now but go and get a job. Anyone hiring?

No comments: