Monday, June 2, 2008

And Then There Was One...

I found a better, clearer picture of the ugly featherless cherubs from the day they were hatched...curiously enough, this one was taken with our old, point and shoot camera, whereas the other was taken with our nice, expensive SLR...which I couldn't get to focus on the babies to save my life...



See what I mean?

Anyway that was taken on May 23rd.

These are from today...and only one of them is still in the nest...and the nest is decidedly un-nest-like now. I had no idea that they grew up so quickly...again, these were taken with the old point and shoot...





Can it really be that they have left the nest so early? That amazes me...and is a relief. Though Mama Bird and I had come to a grudgingly peaceful coexistence I was *not* loving the bird crap on the porch...and she was equally unfond of the frequent powerwashing of the porch to remove said crap that I was doing. Once this last one leaves I can ponder replacing the plants in my hanging baskets as the Robin Ordeal has killed off my fuscias. Mama killed the one with the nest, and what I can only presume was Daddy Bird killed off the one next to it by constantly hanging out in it. Sadly the third one, on the end, died of neglect, because I just couldn't bring myself to deal with that one when the other two were beyond rescue...anyway, another chapter ends...wonder what is on the next page.

No comments: